I’ve seen a bunch of posts asking “how to backup blog and convert your entire blog into Microsoft Word”, and most of the answers have been inadequate (converting a single post, dumping into Access and fiddling with tables etc). Its completely free and also super easy to do.
There’s a simple three step process you can use to do it. I performed this task with 90 posts with the final Word doc over 56 pages.
How to BackUp ??
- Export your WordPress database using the Export under Tools.
- Tick on All Contents and click Download Export File. A file with the XML format will be downloaded automatically.
- Once you have downloaded the .XML file, go to blogbooker‘s website and select an appropriate hosting blog (lets say WordPress)
- Upload your database backup file which you just downloaded it from WordPress. This will create a PDF file of your blog using the specs you provide in the form.
- In the last and final step install PDF to Word converter so as to convert your Ebook which is in PDF format. I personally suggest you to use PDF to WORD converter provided by Docudesk. The awesome thing is that it perfectly converts the blog booker PDF file into an editable Word file that includes all of your photos and text.